Guide to Adult Education Couses
Youghal Adult Education Centre
Entry & Enrolment
Step 1: Complete the application form (page 17) and submit to the centre.
You can apply any time up to the start of September, however the first round of interviews will take place in early June so to increase your chance of getting a place on the course you are advised to apply early.
The eligibility criteria may vary for some courses so please check the criteria to ensure you are eligible.
Step 2: Attend for interview.
Applicants will be invited by post for interview at the centre. The first round of interviews will take place in early June and the last round of interviews will be in August if there are still places available.
Step 3: Accept Place on Course
Successful applicants will be notified of the offer of a place on a course by post and must secure this place by accepting their place before a set date. Failure to do so may result in the place being offered to another applicant.
Step 4: Start the Course
Students will be informed of the start date when offered a place on the course. All students must attend the centre on this date. If you cannot attend on this date please let the centre know to retain your place.
Admission to a particular course is subject to places being available on the course and the following criteria being satisfied:
• Based on the applicant’s previous education, training or experience, the applicant is considered likely to benefit from participation in the centre.
• Following an interview the applicant is considered suitable for the course.
• The participation of the applicant on the course will contribute positively to the course and will not disregard the rights of other students or staff.
• As work experience with children or vulnerable adults is an essential part of some course, participants on these courses are required to be Garda vetted. Continued participation on the course and work placement is dependent on the successful completion of this process.
• A minimum enrolment is required for courses to run.
Places on courses are limited, so early application is advisable.