Cork County Council is pleased to announce the following schemes for 2016:
1. Tenants or owners of buildings along the North & South Main Street can avail of a grant of up to 50% of the cost of painting the facades along the street. This generally excludes the painting of the shop front as this is considered to be the domain of corporate identity but exceptions will be considered.
2. Tenants or owners of buildings in the Town Centre can avail of a grant of up to 50% of the costs of replacing existing plastic, neon & printed signs etc. with ‘‘Heritage Type Signs’’.
The following steps need to be taken to qualify for the Painting and Signage Grants:
• Make a formal application in writing to the East Cork Municipal District Offices, Cork County Council, Town Hall, Youghal providing the following information:
a) Photograph of the building’s present condition/current signage arrangement.
b) Two quotations from registered painting contractors for the proposed painting works or one quotation from the sign manufacturer.
c) Proposed colour scheme. Please note that applicants should have regard to the Heritage Palette of Colours but may consider other colour palettes as well.
d) Details of the proposed new signage. The proposed signs should be ‘‘Heritage Type Signs’’ of wood or wood/cast metal construction and painted. Plastic, sheet metal, neon etc. will not be considered
• The Contractors quotation is to be approved by the Council prior to works commencing. Works commenced without prior agreement with the Council will not be considered for funding. On completion of works, the Council are to be notified so that an inspection can be arranged.
• The Contractor is to submit relevant invoices to the applicant who in turn submits the invoice to the Council for approval and payment of funds.
• Please note a valid application does not guarantee funding.
Please note that the Contract is between the applicant and the painting contractor/sign manufacturer.
Applications should be submitted to Helen Mulcahy, Cork County Council, Mall House, Youghal.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 1st JULY AT 4.30PM